iOS, Android, PC •
When Onirim launched earlier this year, it was a fun little diversion, a perfect way to kill some time while waiting in line or at the doctor’s office. Apparently, Asmodee wants us to think of it as more than a diversion and, as such, keeps adding more and more content to the game, pushing it closer and closer to GOTY material. Today, not only did Onirim receive a major expansion, but it also spread its wings and is now playable on your PC.
The third expansion for Onirim is called Door to the Oniverse, and it’s a doozy. Included are 16 new Denizen cards as well as a Door to the Oniverse card. To win, you must snag the Door to the Oniverse card along with the usual eight doors we’ve come to know and love. The Denizens offer you special abilities if you can manage to get them into your hand. Each game uses half of the Denizens, randomly chosen, and when drawn you must decide if you want to discard a card to add it to your hand. Denizens change the rules more than my 6 year-old when we’re playing chess. Take a look:
- The Architect – Play a card that has the same symbol as the previously played card in the labyrinth row.
- The Cyclobot – Trade one Location card in your hand with a Location card from the discard pile.
- The Squirrel Spies – Look at the top five cards of the deck and put them back in the order of your choice.
- The Harpoon Hunter – Reveal the top five cards of the deck. Discard all Nightmare card(s) among the revealed cards, and put the remaining cards under the deck in the order of your choice.
- The Hammer Bird – Discard the last card played in your labyrinth row along with all the cards of the same color played immediately before it.
- The Chromatic Chaos – Change the color of a Door. A Door you just drew, Door in the deck, Door in Dreamcatcher.
- The Mirror – Put a Nightmare card you just drew into the Limbo pile, without resolving
it. Discard the Mirror.
- Repentant Treasure Keeper – Put a card from your hand under the Repentant Treasure Keeper, then fill your hand as if you had played or discarded the card. This card is not considered as a part of your hand (it is not affected by Nightmares, Dark Premonitions or Escapes), but you can still play or discard it at any time, instead of a card from your hand.
All this for a mere $1 IAP in the iOS and Android version. Door to the Oniverse is also available in the newly released PC version on Steam along with the previous two expansions. The PC version is free to download with the expansions available as DLC for $1/each.