iPad, PC/Mac •
A fairly big week for releases (both Warlock of Firetop Mountain and Dungeon Rushers are already scheduled) just got bigger with the upcoming release of Gamious‘ oil tycoon simulation, Turmoil, which is due on February 23.
Turmoil puts you in the shoes of a 19th century oil baron in the American West which means you get to basically be a ruthless asshole. You’ll dig for oil which will cause the town around your site to grow, which will open up new marks for you to exploit in your quest for gobbling up the most cash.
- A campaign where you build your rags-to-riches oil baron career and beat your rivals.
- Dozens of upgrades and new tools to improve your oil mining operations.
- Meet the town’s characters in the saloon and make shady business deals.
- Play single game mode to get one of literally millions of procedurally generated levels and earn as much as you can in one year.
- Lease land at the town auction and search for oil using a dowser, mole or scanner.
- Maximize your profits by using natural gas to boost the oil price.
- Steam: Achievements, Badges, Trading Cards and Cloud Saving.
Turmoil was released on Steam and GoG for PC/Mac last summer and is making the move to iPad this week. Unfortunately, the game appears more playful than a serious simulation, but with the dearth of good sims on the App Store we’ll take anything we can get.
While there’s no multiplayer in Turmoil, there also won’t be any free-to-play shenanigans. The game is set to launch for iPad this Thursday and will run $6.
Hat tip: Pocket Gamer