If you were one of the people who loaded up Handelabra‘s One Deck Dungeon and thought, Hmmm…not enough dungeon, then today is your lucky day. Not only did the game update to add fixes and UI features, but it also brought along the game’s first DLC, The Phoenix’s Den.
The Phoenix is a new boss you can try to find on dungeon level 4, and its dungeon card brings with it a new set of problems for would-be adventurers. The trouble really begins at Level 2, when wild dice can no longer be used to cover boxes with the Armor symbol. That’s bad enough but couple it with Level 3’s bane, All 3s rolled are immediately discarded, and the Phoenix seems nearly unstoppable.
That’s not all, however. They also added the ability to turn off the different animations that happen throughout the game. Not all at once, either, you can select which animations you want to shut down. There’s also a bunch of fixes and other stuff.
- Added options to skip Explore, Open Door, and Roll Dice animations.
- Added a sound effect when revealing the Phoenix.
- Optimized disk and memory usage, improving performance and reducing the size of the game.
- Fixed a bug where using Undo after revealing the boss could cause the game to get stuck.
- Potions can no longer be used during animations, which could cause problems.
- Dice are longer be affected by clicks/taps when you have other dialogs open on top of them.
- Fixed a bug where the game could get stuck in the Claim Loot phase in certain situations.
- Fixed a problem where you could not bring up two-hero full size cards in the New Game screen.
In other words, in true Handelabra fashion, One Deck Dungeon is going to keep getting better and better.
As we’re all aware, ODD is $10 on all platforms. The new Phoenix Den is an additional $1 via IAP. If you’re having trouble finding it, start a new game and you’ll find it where you select which dungeon you want to delve into.